Monday, March 4, 2013

The Decision Has been made!

We have tossed around the idea of homeschooling our children for years.
Well, drum roll please.... THE DECISION HAS BEEN MADE! We are homeschooling the children!
We have found a curriculum that seems like a good fit for our family. I am not asking for anyone's opinion or permission. These are our children and we are doing what is best for them. The hardest part is when people make ignorant comments like:
 "what about socialization?" How is sitting in a class room where kids are screwing off, talking back and more worried about what they are wearing than learning good for my children? Not that it is anyone's business, but we are keeping the girls in gymnastics. We will also entertain other ways so they can "socialize" with people.
"won't they miss their friends?" Well, true friends will find a way to keep in touch-my guess would be that they have maybe one good friend in the bunch if they are lucky.
"you don't have an education to teach them" I don't need to be a teacher to teach them-the method I am using is self taught. It teaches the children to teach themselves.

Feel Free to check out the Robinson Curriculum if you would like to know more about how the kids will be taught.
All I ask is that you respect OUR decision (Nathan and myself). NO, I did not make this decision alone. YES, Nathan is the one that pushed for this (I mentioned it-and he pushed it right along). This was a decision that we made together, it was made over weeks/months-not over night.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a wonderful decision on homeschooling the children! You guys are doing what's best for your family! Keep up the amazing work! Love you guys to pieces <3

    ReplyDelete