Friday, July 26, 2013

The Garden

We have put a lot of time, energy, and a bit of money as well into our first REAL garden. Words cannot describe how SCARED I am that it will not give us enough back! I know I do not weed daily, but our garden is lookin OK. The tomatoes,oh the tomatoes...they appear to have a disease! The plants started out looking amazing, then the branches started to yellow and die...NOW the plants have brown spots forming, and the leaves are dying faster! I AM SO SCARED!!! WE NEEEEED TOMATOES!

The bush beans are spotty yet, PLEASE let them produce! I get a handful at a time, and I hear from others that they are filling gallon bags with less plants! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

The climbing beans, well today was the first day we were able to pick a handful. A HANDFUL! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH A HANDFUL? We need buckets full! I was hoping to be up to my eye balls in tomatoes and beans...man am I scared!

We are trying so so hard to be organic, to lessen our impact on the earth...to raise healthy, food conscious kids-and my garden is tuggin in the wrong direction!

I paid the bills, I bought some expensive peaches and blueberries (berries are frozen already-peaches need canned...) there is not a lot of money left over to be buying food. We want to be debt free. We want to take our food bill from $600+ to under $300 with dog food and toiletries...we NEED this garden!

I really do not want to go buy bushels of tomatoes from the Amish-I talked to them and they SPRAY their plants! Maybe if I had sprayed mine...no-I am so not going there! WE need this food-but not at the expense of eating chemicals! This will work-if not, I will stick my hand out and ask for peoples extra deer meat this year-so many hunt for sport and not food. I will feed my family, and I will not feed them junk.

I am not a religious person but man do I pray our food grows and we preserve it...I want to give my family healthy, yummy food they can watch grow and be a part of!

No comments:

Post a Comment