Monday, October 7, 2013

Dear Family, Friends, Neighbors, Strangers-and Whomever else wants to know...

This post MAY not be nice. It may contain things that are rude, mean and maybe not suited for all eyeballs...sorry in advance!

Dear Family, Friends, Neighbors, Strangers and whomever else wants to know:

    This is my family. This is my home (almost-still paying for it). We will do things the way WE decide. No need for your input! If you do not like it, keep your mouth shut. You (family) have had your chance at raising YOUR family, now it is my turn. You made your mistakes, MY TURN. You (friends) who do not agree with my methods, practice your ways on your kids and I will do things my way with mine.

    I am going to nurse this little boy until he and I are done-none of your business if that is today, tomorrow, or when he is 4-same goes with bed sharing. DO NOT EVEN THINK of asking me how Nathan feels about it-or if Nathan gets enough "alone" time with me....Quickie in the garage-my man is FINE-and you did NOT need to know that anyway!

    These kids ARE going to STAY homeschooled- this was not a test to see if I could do it. It is how it is going to be! They will be home with me, daily...LEARNING. Some days, we may not do a darn thing "on paper" but they are always learning! Do not try to quiz my kids on what they did that day-it is none of your business. If the school district is not allowed to, neither are you! My kids, my "school".

    Do not even try to convince my children that they do not get to do enough. Right now, I go to town 2 days a week for soccer and once a week for gymnastics. Neither one of these activities are "needed" and they are very expensive. They make my kids happy, so we are doing them for now. Everyone needs out of the house from time to time!

   Do not think it is ok to ask my kids all the time if they miss (a person from school, a food we no longer eat, new clothes all the time), ALSO-do not ask them why they are wearing the same thing they wore the last time you saw them-they have PLENTY of clothing, they also have FAVORITE things they chose to wear over, and over, and over...
    (This is where it MIGHT get mean...) ANYONE with a brain in their head, that learns something they did not know before, will dig, research and LEARN MORE-I would hope. That is what has happened in this home. We cut out gluten and dairy for Torrin, and quickly learned it helped me (Tamika), which progressed (again-as I did this in the past but did not stick with it) to organic foods, and changing the meal plan for everyone. I am not a short order cook, I will not make separate meals for everyone. In cutting out BAD things ( I will not call them food) from everyone's diets, we learned that we ALL benefited from it! When you start cutting out gluten, you realize it is in EVERYTHING-that comes in a box! I can make hundreds of yummy meals/snacks/treats at home, with clean ingredients without gluten, without dairy, and without artificial SHIT.  I regret that my older kids (6 and 7) did not experience REAL food EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES. I am sorry to them more than I can ever express, but better late than never!
    You may or may not know this about me (my family). We have a history of health problems, like a really long list! Diabetes being one of the big ones! Luckily for me, obesity is not an issue on my mothers side, but the women on my birth dads side do tend to get heavy (not obese though). Unfortunately for my children, my husbands family has a list of health issues as well. Being obese is one of them. Diabetes is another, along with being at risk for heart issues... As a GOOD mother, I am taking precautions that do not include medication! I have them eating healthy FOOD, like REAL food. Did you know that depression can be kept in check with FOOD?? YUP! Did you know that diabetes can be?? Well, I hope you know that because it is kind of a given-lots of bad sugars and food equal bad sugars in your blood...duh.
    The problem I have with the holidays, get togethers and all that stuff is FOOD (and gifts). People are OBSESSED with food. FOOD, the thing that is to give you energy to survive, the thing that is supposed to nourish you, the place you should be getting your vitamins from (not the pill bottle like many people seem to think...) I am going to scream if I hear "Can you have this?" or "Oh, you can't eat that." ONE MORE TIME. Seriously, I am choosing to feed my family (and myself) FOOD, REAL FOOD. Read that label-can you read every ingredient in it? Do you even KNOW what some of them are?? NO, I will not be feeding my growing children (or myself) that junk, it is not food. Would you like a organic banana? How about a homemade granola and applesauce parfait?
I have not taken this nearly as far as I would like to honestly, and you are freaking out now! I do not want my kids eating refined sugars, but it is something we have not 100% cut out of our diets. It is something I have hopes of doing when we have access to maple syrup without paying out the nose for it!

Where did this post come from?? A phone call this morning from my mother-in-law. I stayed NICE, I stayed pretty damn calm...A LOT of people think I am outspoken, rude, and many other lovely names I will not post. What people do not realize, is that I have come a LONG DAMN WAYS. I do think before I speak (95% of the time). I keep a lot of what I am thinking in my head even when you have my blood boiling. What I am learning, is that this is bad. I do need to say what is on my mind, to get you to shut the hell up.

So, here it goes!

These are MY KIDS!

When you get yourself in shape and healthy, talk to me about nutrition.

When you get yourself off of medication for pain, blood pressure and all that stuff-have a talk with me about my medicinal choices.

NATHAN and I made the decision that our children do not need to be spending the night at other homes, they can hang out and play for a bit-but there is NO reason (unless emergency) that they need to sleep at your home. NONE.

I will protect these children until my very last breath-if you think you can corner me or attack how I am raising them when I know I am doing a damn good job-you are going to get attacked right back and it will not be pretty. So come on, say it to my face, bring it on-MY KIDS ARE MY WORLD- you do not criticize my children or how we do things here without saying there is something WRONG with my kids-my kids are just fine thank you very much (that is an edit from a much meaner version)

The quickest way OUT of the lives of these three (maybe four) children is to attack their mother-not a smart move. I brought them into this world-I will take you out of their world.
I am not perfect, I know this-I do not need reminders-take a look in the mirror...not so pretty!


What kind of a mother would I be if I learned all this stuff about foods, soaps, and whatnot and did not make changes? Seriously, if you LOVE these kids, show it. Not by buying them junk food or plastic crap, but by being present! Not buying presents! Go for a walk with them in the woods, read a book, play a game, craft with them-they LOVE THAT STUFF!

I am about done with this, my blood is still boiling.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself not getting enough "alone" time with my kids-they are my kids-not yours. Make your time with them special, by making memories, not running up your credit cards and teaching them to be spoiled brats with major debt.

Stop attacking my ways of doing things, or say good-bye forever. This is not an empty threat-I am just exhausted from these stupid feuds. I am just plain done.

If you can not accommodate us with food when we visit-that is fine, 9 times out of 10-I have food with me, I only leave it home if you say you are making food that I am comfortable feeding my children.

Treats are one thing-but they do need to not be complete and total shit-saying it is ok once in a while is total crap, are you saying having heroin once a month is ok??

BUY SOME ORGANIC APPLES and make some HOMEMADE caramel-my kids will be SO happy.

Caramel Corn
recipe for caramel corn-remember no butter! USE NON GMO corn-make sure organic-this IS important-conventional sprayed corn is a BIG NO NO!


Caramel Apples½ C honey
½ C maple syrup
½ tsp baking soda
Click on above link to Caramel Apples for directions! Do not forget to use ORGANIC APPLES

Another good read about Money and Mentality

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there... We struggled with some of the same attitudes/conflicts when we began home-educating. At some point, I had to put my foot down and say "You don't agree with me--fine. We don't need to talk about this ever again." And we had to limit time with certain relatives. Those people have come around, and love the way our kids have grown up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is always so hard when it is family who challenges you at every turn! I guess now you know why I am so activly seeking friendships fot my children and myself. I do not ever want my kids to feel "weird" for the dietary restrictions I have set, or for being homr with me, family seems to be the only one making them feel different, all of the homeschool familes seems to understand or at the least appreciate it.

      Delete