Saturday, December 14, 2013

tough days

Last night, I decided to try a homemade deep conditioner recipe I found on Pinterest. It consisted of coconut milk, oil, and honey. Sounded simple, I was game!

Well, I could not get through my hair. It was horrible.

The reason I tried this recipe, I am out of conditioner.

The shampoo I have been using (Natures gate-biotin formula) leaves me needing to wash my hair more than twice a week if we are going to be out. If I am staying home, it really is not too bad.

Well, today I looked like a grease-ball! After I finally got a combo through my hair, I was able to pull it up into a bun, but you can really see my shiny hair. I guess going out into the world with greasy (clean) hair is not so bad, right?

So, today was a busy day. We knew today was going to be busy. In fact, I printed school sheets to go,(last night!!) so that the kids would not miss out on schooling just because we had places to be!

We started out day with smoothies and then headed out the door. Our first stop was the local dent bent store. Now, most of the stuff they  carry is hardly "food", it is over-processed GMO junk, BUT every now and then I do find some good deals!! I know buying food in a can is not ideal, but this past summer was my first year canning anything, and we are already out of tomatoes and other items.
What I brought home:

-5 boxes of Annie's Gluten Free bunny cookies , I know they have a soy ingredient in them, they are NOT perfect-however, the kids really enjoy these and they are not an every day item-they are for a treat ONCE in a while. I paid $1.50/box (the local store has these for around 6-7$ each)

-5 cans of muir glen diced tomatoes for $0.50/can (SCORE) Now, I know that buying tomatoes in a can is not ideal, but again-canning did NOT go well, and we love tomatoes. I choose to buy ORGANIC tomatoes as I feel they are the lesser evil.

-1 package of Naty's natural wipes $2.25 ; we do not use wipes, but this child has had a bug, and lots of pooping, having a package of decent wipes with me in public is a lot better than messing with dry rags HOPING I have enough water to wet them!

-1 package of Betty Crocker GF sugar cookie mix. $2.25 Again, I do NOT support Betty Crocker what so ever, my family likes to make sugar cookies for Christmas, but we do not love them enough to make a whole batch of gf cookies. (We prefer the un-thin mint recipe we found last year!) I did check the ingredients, and since it was corn free, I felt ok buying it as a "once" kind of purchase.

-5 cans of Amy's Organic soup $0.75/can The girls picked these out, I think they were lentil soup??

Total it up and I am well under $20!! SCORE! Organic (mostly) and gluten free, I easily would have paid $20 for 4-5 boxes of the bunny cookies (though I would not have bought that many at full price!)

Now, when we finished up at that store, I headed to the Clinic to get my blood drawn. I had my blood checked about a month ago because I was missing my period a lot. Now, I am still nursing Torrin (over 15 months right now)  Well...their computers were down-so no blood draw for me!

Headed over and got chicken food and shavings at the local feed store. He wrote down that my feed was $16 instead of $22-being the awesomely honest person I am-I told him...he thanked me-it felt good!

We are going to skip the part about me stopping at JCP to return a bra-and the cashier lady being a total dumbass and me having to tell her not once but three times to find someone else for me to deal with. Once blondie got herself together she smiled and acted like life was grand. It did not have to get that complicated-I buy item online at sale price-it doesn't work for me-so we exchange it for the correct size-without me paying more...NO I will not be picking up an order, I have the order in my hands..AHHHH

When we got home, I was dealing with a child who is making me question my parenting AGAIN. Now, I am not going to badmouth how my mother parented. She did the best she could with what she had. As a single mom, times were extremely tough. I am going to say, I am way different than my mom. There are times when I swear I sound just like her, and I shouldn't. My life is a lot easier than hers was. I have a husband who supports my decisions. I stay home with my kids, I get to be apart of their lives every day. I do not have to choose between work trips that pay the bills, and park days.
I want to do a lot less yelling and fighting, and behavior correcting than I have been. I know how I want to raise my children, I just need the strength to do so.

I am thinking, I do not have a clue what I am doing! I love my kids-like bad...so much it hurts. I would do anything for them. I have been doing a lot of talking about simplifying things, and I think I should look at less of the material things and more so at my parenting. My parenting style, and homeschooling-they need simplified. We need to do more loving, and less fighting. It is a lot harder than it sounds! It is so easy to correct someone for doing something annoying-I am instead trying to get everyone to compliment  on our own uniqueness. I listen to how the girls talk to each other, and it hurts me that they are so harsh. I just want us all to respect each other and be loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment