Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Crock Pot apple butter (originally posted Sept 2013)

Apple Butter Recipe (posted in September of 2013)
 

Apple butter:

ABOUT 6.5 lbs of apples-cored-sliced
                      -I am not sure what kind I used, they were a mix of tart and sweet
                      -I did not peel them all the way-only the bruises and bugs

1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
                      - I did not have these, so I put in 3 cloves and just took them out...

1/4 teaspoon salt

Put all that in the crock pot for I would say 8-10 hours, walk away and check on it later!

when it is all cooked down-add 1 tablespoon of real vanilla extract
                     -stir in and WALK AWAY

Come back 1-2 hours later and blend that awesomness up. I used my ninja-it was a pain, then I used my mother-in-laws immersion blender and broke it...back to Ninja (MAN I NEED A VITAMIX!!)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment