Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Messy butterfinger?

So, I found a recipe on Pinterest (how many times can I say that?!?!) and wanted to tweak it a bit.
The original recipe is HERE. What I did not like about the original was the amount of refined sugar. I chose to experiment a bit-and the result is messy...very messy, but very tasty!

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup maple syrup
1 cup peanut butter (real stuff-needs to be stirred-does not have added oil or sugar)
1 cup of Enjoy life chocolate chunks
1 big tsp of coconut oil

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper

Heat up the syrup in a sauce pan until it was super bubbly-checking the temp it got up to 270 degrees-it started to smell a bit burnt, so I called it and pulled from stove top.
lots of bubbles forming (below)
 
-At this point, QUICKLY remove from heat, stir the peanut butter in QUICKLY 
-transfer to baking sheet
-smooth it out as much as possible and CUT it in the sizes you want each piece
-I ended up with a bunch of "ends" and crumble pieces-they will NOT go to waste in this house!



Let cool at room temp (or in freezer)

Melt chocolate and oil together and dip each piece, allow to cool on counter (or in freezer)


They are not pretty-they still need to "firm" up a bit too...

They taste GOOD so I don't care. I will play with the recipe some more (and get a smaller pan so they will HOPEFULLY be more uniform!

No comments:

Post a Comment