Tuesday, February 11, 2014

More shopping!

Healthy food isn't cheap...but being fat and on medication isn't cheap either. I do my best to stay trim, and to feed my kids as healthily as possible. I am not in the best shape. I am still nursing a toddler, and it is winter...in Wisconsin! My goal this spring is to learn to love the outdoors. I want to go hiking and explore with my children, I want to build muscle! I weighed myself this morning, and I have lost 2 more pounds, I don't need to lose weight, I need to gain muscle! I'm trying to include more healthy fats like nuts and avocado into our diet so everyone stays healthy!

 Today, we made the journey a couple towns over (about 35 miles) to get our breakfast meats. I like going to this family run store because they get the meat locally from a good farmer. It is pastured pork, from good farmers. They do not always have a good supply of pork as they do not raise up pigs as fast as mass production lines do. This pork does not cause the ill feelings we have had from conventional pork.

While shopping, I grabbed 2 bags of nuts and 6 containers of dates...along with my 4 packs of bacon and 9 packs of sausage ...quick way to drop $143!!


No comments:

Post a Comment