Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Simple Egg and sausage (or any other meat) to go!

So, I have been looking for easy breakfast ideas. We get tired of the same thing all the time, and I think I found a new favorite! We do not do cereal or bread in this house (we have made gf breads, but I mean like toast).

My newest breakfast hit was egg and meat muffins-no grains!

Take a muffin/cupcake tin, grease it (I used evoo) and put whatever meat you want in it. One time, I used thin uncured lunch meat, the second time I used sausage. (I cooked the sausage first)

Next, crack and egg on top of the meat and repeat for each spot. (my tin held 12)

Bake at about 350 until egg is set up-about 30 minutes!

This is not the best picture, it looks like plastic! I swear it tasted amazing!! The ham wrapped one was good also.
There is so much room for change with this! I am thinking of making up a bunch of taco meat and either making these and freezing, or just freezing the meat so I can make taco eggs. (I love taco seasoning in my eggs!!)
A good way to sneak some veggies into your breakfast too, puree them and scramble up the egg, then put on top of meat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment