Friday, February 14, 2014

SWEEEEET Potato

So, last night I played around with sweet potatoes and the result was awesome! I am quite sure this is nothing new, but I swear I have never had it before and it just seemed like a good idea. I took 2 large sweet potatoes (too large, I will not buy them that fat again, they are so hard to cut!) peeled, chopped up and cooked with coconut oil, cinnamon and dates. I just put it all cut up in a pan in the oven, but I am sure you could fix them how you like and then just mix up nicely.

The pic shows the whole meal-but honestly-the sweet potatoes were my fave! Hubby said it almost tasted too much like a dessert to eat as a "main dish" but the kids and I disagree! We loved it!!
I am guessing that this resembles sweet potato pie...I have never had it though! I could eat a big plate of this and skip the pumpkin pie for sure though!

2 lg sweet potatoes (peel and chop)
5 medjool dates (soft!) pitted and chopped
2 tbsp. (+more if you want) coconut oil
1 tsp (+more if you like) cinnamon

Bake it all together and blend into "mashed" s.potatoes or eat as chunks

No comments:

Post a Comment