Monday, February 24, 2014

Un-Mounds...CANDY

I have learned that coconut and chocolate just GO TOGETHER! You can whip up a quick HEALTHY snack in minutes with some organic dark chocolate, coconut oil and coconut flakes. If you have other supplies, you can make more complex flavors, but they are not needed at all. (Bananas and other fruits go great with coconut and chocolate, as do dates!)

I used:
-about 1/4 cup of melted Vitacost Organic Coconut oil. (Do not pay that much for coconut oil-I got it for under $4/16oz container!)
- about 1.5-2 cups of "Let's Do Organic" Unsweetened Finely Shredded Coconut Flakes
-Honey (to taste 1-2 tbsp.)
-1 tsp vanilla
-6 squares (or more for more dipping) 85% dark chocolate + 2tbsp (or more) coconut oil

-Melt 1/4 cup of coconut oil, mix into shredded flakes, add honey and vanilla-taste and make sure it can press together
-Press into a square (or rectangle depending on how much you are making) lined dish. Make about 1/4" thick.
-I took a cookie sheet-lined it with parchment paper, and make a 8x8(ish) square as my baking dish was being used.
-Freeze for 15-20 minutes (until hard)
-Meanwhile-melt chocolate and coconut oil-you are making a "magic shell"-if you have a preferred recipe, use it. Basically coconut oil and chocolate does the trick!
-take out of dish, set on counter and cut to desired size (1/2" by 2-3" is about perfect)
-Allow chocolate to cool just a bit (you don't want to burn yourself!)
-Dip one at a time and place back on lined sheet (on cookie sheet) and place in freezer again.

I only did one coating-next time I will mix up more chocolate and dip for a 2nd coat. These are amazing, I just would have liked a thicker coat of chocolate!

I did not feel even the least bit guilty eating 3 of these!!



Please remember, if you are new to Vitacost-use my link and we both get $10 off of $30!! https://www.vitacostrewards.com/kCDHkHZ sign up for their referral program-doesn't cost you a penny to do so. I love Vitacost!!
Want to help more? After signing up for Vitacost Referral- come back and click on THIS LINK (for this shopping trip-and future trips) and help my kids earn cash for College through UPromise! Again, doesn't cost you a cent! Just by clicking on this link-retailers put money into college funds!

No comments:

Post a Comment