Thursday, March 13, 2014

Busy bees...if only we could see some bees!

We are all healthy, and dare I say...it skipped me!

Zarinas's face looks better. Kids  are all acting like their hyper selves, and we are getting back into the grove of things.

Yesterday, we went to the homeschool swim at the local swimming pool, then dropped some toys off at the consignment shop...and over to the library we went. The girls picked out some great books. I will post more on the homeschool page on that topic!

What is keeping me busy is this : there is a birthday coming up in the family...our soon to be 9 year old nephew. It is no secret I am not a fan of "gifting" and it isn't because I don't care. It is quite the opposite actually. It is very simple to go to the store and buy some crap made in china that has no meaning...and really no thought goes into...I don't like that kind of gifting! I like to buy gifts (or make them) because they remind me of the person..because it stands out.

For instance, my mother in law loves watermelons...if I was at goodwill and saw a planter shaped like a watermelon...I'd get it for her in a second. Not only does she love melons, but she loves flower, it would be a thoughtful gift that she would love! (After adding flowers of course!)

I think a gift should require some thought, not just the swipe of a debit card. My kids also appreciate knowing that someone truly took the time to assemble their gifts.

So, I have been fighting my computer ALL day "creating" the gift for this child. I truly hope he loves it! My kids would...I know they would...I asked them what they thought and they want it! I don't want to say what it is until I gather all of my "supplies" which I will do over the next couple of days, but the planning part is done! I found the idea on Pinterest, so I cannot take credit for the whole thing, but I did redo most of it to make it how I wanted it!

No comments:

Post a Comment