Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dealing with illness

Nathan has felt ill for a few days.

He will not do any homeopathic remedies...won't touch the acv with honey...he chooses to stick with modern poison, oops...I mean medicine!

He missed work Monday, and Tuesday. I told him to sleep...but he went with me everywhere I went. Wednesday, he went to work only to skip today again.  He now has a fever and aches...flu?

Yesterday, while doing my bulk grocery shopping, I remembered I wanted to buy fresh ginger and raw honey, as well as organic lemons...

I got distracted thinking Nathan would never touch it, then Torrin got his finger stuck in a piggy bank at the coop...anyway...I forgot.

In the middle of the night, I got a quick reminder! I woke up to hot pokers on my chest. Torrin's feet were in fire! He was moning in his sleep and burning up. Temp was 101.7, not as high as I'd figured. We went back to sleep.

At 6 he started calling for his dad. Don't ask me why he wants his sick father when I've got the goods, but he didn't want a boob...he wanted to know where daddy was.

We moved to the couch, where Nathan lay his (germy) hand on Torrin's hot back. After some fussing, he went back to sleep.

I got my uncaffinated bum on Pinterest, looking for help!

I don't have the ingredients!
I don't know what the hell a "white" pine is...and even if I did, the pines are too far to walk with a sick kid!
...crap.
I have comfort in that my son still nurses.

As long as he nurses every few hours, and I keep him happy, this should pass! What about my other kids...or me?!

Unlike my husband, I don't get sick days!

Well, by the time Zariah got up, I had my potions ready to go!

-1 clove of garlic chopped up and in honey to make it go down
- 1tbsp acv with raw honey (I took 2, but I actually like it!)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
-a cup of echinacea plus tea

The tea is questionable for me...it has peppermint in it, which is not considered food for breastfeeding as it can dry you up. I cannot afford to be sick and had to try!

Also, I put eucalyptus oil in the kettle...wonder what else I can do with what I have?

No comments:

Post a Comment