Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Not a very creative few days...but there was PIE

Just a few of our gluten free and vegan meals to share

The husband was gone, and I am not proud of how easy it is to grab a bag of pasta! Luckily, our local Aldi carries gluten free/organic pasta every now and then, so I stock up when they have it!

 1/21/2016
 Dinner Thursday night was a pasta salad. Not pictured above is the hemp seeds I added.

It is always a favorite, and often I add new stuff or leave something out.

I had seriously planned all of my meals for this week, but fell up short. We had planned: nuggets with mac, black bean potato nachos, pot pies, mushroom stroganoff on potatoes, Mexican rice casserole and veggie burgers with fries.

Sadly, this posting looks naked without all of the pretty meals I had planned. I will try harder next week!

We did end up having french fries with vegan cheese sauce and chili beans (sort of like a chili cheese fries?) and they were amazing!

My husband turned 31 on Sunday. We enjoyed a noodle salad (looked very much like the one above...don't judge!) with some Dr. Praeger's Kale and Quinoa burgers on some awesome vegan gf bread, with some french fries too. My baby brother was visiting and ate some of our vegan meal too, and he didn't die!!


Kale, cooked quinoa (quinoa, water), cooked brown rice (brown rice, water), expeller pressed canola oil, cooked millet (millet, water), onions, carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes, potato flakes, roasted corn, red peppers, water chestnuts, roasted zucchini, broccoli, rice starch, roasted garlic, parsley, salt, black pepper.

Made in a facility that uses, wheat, soy, milk, eggs, fish.

YES, we ate fries twice that week (more if you count leftovers) and YES we ate noodle salad twice also (more with leftovers). I cannot imagine while I am so damn sluggish this week now!

Instead of CAKE-the hubs asked for pie and they turned out great!

Pumpkin Pie and Cherry Pie
                            

I still need to work on my crusts as they were a bit hard, but the pies were super yummy!! The pumpkin pie was from the recipe over at Minimalist baker. 
The cherry pie, I just googled an easy recipe. It was sugar, cherries and corn starch for the filling.
 

If you want a cheese sauce (like what I mentioned above)  try this one out-it is our favorite. We use it for nachos and potato nachos every single week!

2 cup diced potatoes
1 cup diced carrots
(cook that)

in high powered blender add
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup nutirtional yeast
1/4 tsp onion powder AND garlic powder
some cayenne
--cooked/drained carrots and potatoes

I also sometimes add in some red pepper flakes, or some canned green chilis
This is NOT my recipe, I found it online and feel badly I cannot give credit to where I found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment