Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Simplifying food

This morning, for breakfast we had pudding.

Yup-pudding.

I do not feel badly about feeding my little vegans pudding because it was Avocado pudding!

Normally, my avocado pudding is avocado, maple syrup, and cacao powder.

This morning, I didn't want to use up all of my maple syrup, so I did an avocado/date pudding.
I soaked some pitted dates in hot water until they were soft. Added the dates, a little soy milk, avocados, and cacao powder to the food processor and blended away. The kids were happy and they got some awesome healthy fats!!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Last night, we had homemade mac-n-cheeze (not my BEST recipe, but still good) and bbq cauliflower.

The mac-n-cheeze was sweet potato, carrot, onion, and nooch based. (spices and stuff added too)

The Cauliflower was a HUGE hit! I winged the recipe because I KNEW all of the ones I found would be way too darn spicy for us.

Needed:
 Cauliflower, flour of choice ( I used gf blend and corn flour), garlic salt, dried onion, hot sauce, water, BBQ sauce

1-Wash cauliflower

2-Cut into bite sized pieces
3-Make batter for cauliflower

For my cauliflower batter, I used 1/2 Cup of maize corn flour, and 1/2 cup of namaste perfect flour blend. 
I used one cup of water and a little bit of wing sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon of dried onion.

I made a huge mess trying to get the batter even and I swear I was running out at the end. I did the best I could and then I put it on a lined baking sheet. The lined baking sheet was not the best idea. I used parchment paper but for some reason it still tried to catch on fire. That's my luck.




4- Bake 15 minutes - 450 degrees then take them out and let them cool off so you could handle them

5-Make BBQ mixture using 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and 2 TBSP hot sauce

Bake for another 10 minutes or so and ENJOY!! (With homemade sour cream)


Sour Cream-
1 cup soaked (4+ hours) cashews
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
dash of salt

Rinse cashews with clean water, add everything to high powered blender
Blend and scrape down as needed-takes less than a minute in Vitamix

No comments:

Post a Comment