Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Alfredo! !

We feed quite a few people, so this meal is a little bit expensive with the use of hemp hearts, but it is totally worth it.

I did not have any unflavored almond or soy milk in the house, so I decided I was going to make oat milk. I went to strain it and managed to launch it all over the kitchen, which had me deciding to keep the pieces without straining.

You will probably need to adjust your garlic and salt to your own tastes, but here is an approximation of what I did.

I took about 12 ounces of mushrooms and sliced them with the food processor, along with a couple handfuls of baby spinach that I roughly chopped, and tossed it in a pan. I wish I had more spinach but it was the last of the clamshell. Toss the mushrooms and the spinach in a pan with vegetable broth and cook them down for a while.

Take one cup of oats and 3 cups of water and blend it with a high powered blender. If you want to strain it go ahead otherwise just add everything else that is to come to the blender before blending.
3 cups of hemp hearts, 1 teaspoon of salt , 6 cloves of garlic, 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Blend all of that up and then add it to your cooked down mushrooms and spinach. Stir and taste. I added a little bit of vegetable broth and salt to mine to get the right consistency and flavor. I am using 2 12 ounce packages of organic gluten-free fettuccine and serving line along with some baked asparagus.



To make a NORMAL sized recipe do this:

1/2 cup oats
1.5 cup water
1.5 cup hemp hearts
1/2 tsp salt (more as needed)
3 clove garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
BLEND BLEND BLEND  

8oz mushrooms sliced super thin (food processor) 2 handfuls of spinach, rough chopped, cook down with veggie broth and then add the blended stuff to the pan and get it hot, but stir often as it will stick/burn. 

Cook 1 12oz package of fettuccine noodles, drain / rinse (if gf) and add to the sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment